Search this Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Signs of the Times - Culture

" Free Soup Kitchen On Saturdays 6:00P.M." The ramshackle grey building hosting that sign reinforced the depressing message. I don't know why I was surprised to see this sign in a small town nearby. Perhaps it was a message of hope instead, that someone is out there making a difference. Each of us sees these signs in our own way.


Then I got an idea! (You may wish to check my earlier post on ideas.) Signs like "Free Soup Kitchen" and other new depression signs are a reflection of our current social and economic conditions. Many of them must be out there, undiscovered.
When you're out and about, snap pics of similar signs, and e-mail themto me
at h9patch@aol.com, if you're willing. If you find any online, send those, too.
I'm curious what else is out there that reflects our
current times.

No comments:

Post a Comment